BearingPoint Holding B.V. and its associated companies (all together “BearingPoint”) value your trust and are committed to the responsible management, use and protection of personal information. This BearingPoint Alumni Network Privacy Statement (“Statement”) Last Updated in April 2021 applies to all the information collected by BearingPoint if you are using the BearingPoint Alumni Network.
BearingPoint (“we”, “us”,) offers an alumni networking platform with the purpose of sharing news, projects, opportunities, and events and to manage its professional alumni communities (the “Platform”) to its users which are subscribed to the Platform and as such have a user account (“user”, “users”, “you”, “your”). The Platform is available at https://alumni.bearingpoint.com (“Website”).
BearingPoint uses the networking platform solution “Hivebrite” which is powered by Kit United SAS, a company headquartered in Paris, France (“Alumni Platform Provider”); we have put in place a data processing agreement with them and did an appropriate IT security assessment of this Alumni Platform Provider.
- Collection and processing Personal Data
- When sign up to the BearingPoint Alumni Network
When you sign up to the Platform, the following personal data is collected:
- Personal information
- First name
- Last name
- Personal Email
- Former BearingPoint Country & Office
- BearingPoint Term Date
- Employment Details
- Job Title
- Business Mobile Phone
The User commits to only provide accurate, exhaustive, and regularly updated data regarding its identity, its content and any information in general. Under no circumstances shall BearingPoint be liable for any data that is illegal or contrary to public order provisions.
Without consent to the collection of the above-mentioned data and to this Statement, you are not eligible to sign up to the Platform.
- When using the Platform
The User may validly publish, at its own initiative, any content on the Platform which shall be kept by us:
- Photos including profile photo
- Text (posts, comments etc)
- Profile description (including but not limited to: Skills, Industry, year of promotion, year of school leaving)
The User commits not to publish any content which contains, including but not limited to, any remarks/images/pictures, contrary to applicable legislation and regulations, to public order and good morals, or affecting the rights of third parties, including but not limited to:
- Identity fraud of a third individual;
- Remarks/publish pictures or images that are violent, defamatory, offensive, malicious, obscene, inciting to discrimination or hatred, racist, xenophobic, anti-Semitic, condoning or approving war crimes, inciting to committing a crime, offense, act of terrorism, or contrary to the security of minors;
- Counterfeiting the intellectual property rights of a third person or legal entity;
- Commercial canvassing or elements that could be qualified as unfair competition.
In any event, BearingPoint shall not be liable for the content, accuracy, or up-to-date state of the information freely published by the User.
The User consents that, following the publication of the content, its information will become public on the Platform and that as such, same information will be published, modified, translated, reproduced in any form and accessible, saved and reproduced by other Users and by BearingPoint.
In most cases, Users post contents without previous moderation from us. We don’t alter the content or information of the User, except under exceptional circumstances. BearingPoint reserves its right to freely delete or amend the content or information of the User, without prejudice to the Users.
In the case of delivery of content on the Platform which contravenes with the present Statement, applicable law or the rights of third parties, any person can inform BearingPoint of the existence of such Content at the following address: [email protected]
BearingPoint does not collect any particularly sensitive data within the meaning of applicable legislation and regulations from you and we ask you not to upload such particularly sensitive data to the Platform.
- Purpose; Why do we need your information and consent
BearingPoint offers an alumni networking platform with the purpose of sharing news, projects, opportunities, and events and to manage its professional alumni communities. The personal data provided by you (1.1. above) are supplemented by BearingPoint for the administration of the alumni communities by some information about your previous employment at BearingPoint (last business area, last degree, date of entry, date of departure, BearingPoint contact person) and to build a profile. For this purpose, we transfer all such information to our Customer-Relationship-Management-System.
The processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a) GDPR and your consent.
We need to process various types of information about you
- when you sign up to the Platform:
- to provide you access to the platform and create a user account
- to build a profile
- to provide you access to all functionalities of the Platform, meaning: user updates, news, events, group updates
- Management of requests to access, amend, delete, limit and oppose
- When you are using the Platform:
- The use and feeding of the Platform
- Sending invitations for events organized by us or other Users, if you the User has accepted to receive such invitations
3 Information We Share
We will only disclose personal information to other companies within BearingPoint, to suppliers and
business partners with whom we have an agreement with to process the specific personal information, to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, successors in title to our business and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf. In these circumstances we will share your personal information for purposes such as our legitimate business purposes and to comply with legal obligations.
4. Information we gather automatically; Cookies
5. Data Retention and international transfers of personal data
5.1. Your data is retained for the length of your Platform subscription; we will delete your account and all data contained in it including data collected by you during your subscription as well as the content published by you
- 30 days following your deregistration; or
- for inactivity: by failing to log in for three (3) consecutive years, or
- You may request the deletion of your personal data any time earlier, see section 6 below.
In individual cases, the legally prescribed retention period may be extended if, for example, the information is required for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims even after the retention period has expired.
5.2. If we process your personal information, your personal information may be transferred to and stored outside the country where you are located. This includes countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where we collect your personal information within the EEA, transfer outside the EEA will be only:
- to a recipient located in a country which provides an adequate level of protection for your personal information; and/or
- under an agreement which satisfies EU requirements for the transfer of personal data to data processors or data controllers outside the EEA, such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
6. Access, Correction and Deletion
We want to make sure that any information we hold on you is up to date and correct. If you have any requests concerning your personal information BearingPoint holds about you, to obtain a copy or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us at [email protected] mentioning “alumni.bearingpoint” in the subject line and also review the general BearingPoint Privacy and Cookie Statement at https://www.bearingpoint.com/en-gb/privacy-statement/ for more information.
8. Changes to this Statement
We reserve the right to amend this Statement at any time without advance notice in order to address future developments of BearingPoint, the Platform or changes in industry or legal trends. We will post the revised Statement on https://alumni.bearingpoint.com. You can determine when the Statement was revised by referring to the "Last Updated" date on the top of this Statement. Any changes will become effective upon the posting of the revised Statement on https://alumni.bearingpoint.com. By continuing to use the Platform following such changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Statement, in whole or part, you can choose to not continue to use the Platform. Especially in light of any future developments of the applicable legislation and regulations, BearingPoint reserves its right to proceed with any modification of this Alumni Network Privacy Statement and commits to duly inform you if any such modification occurs.